Swiss Chocolate Train
The Chocolate train runs between Montreux and the Cailler-Nestlé chocolate factory at Broc and is a real “must” – not only for the true “sweet tooth” but also for railway enthusiasts.
One simply cannot visit Switzerland without sampling Switzerland’s most famous speciality – Swiss chocolate. Montreux-Berner Oberland railway has dedicated a whole train to the world’s most delicate temptation. In the stately “Belle Époque”-Pullman 1915 vintage coaches and later by bus, visitors travel in 1st class style only.
Route: Montreux – Montbovon > change from train to bus > Gruyères – Broc Fabrique – Montreux
Duration: 7 h 30 min
Food & Beverages
– Coffee and chocolate croissants after leaving Montreux
– Free admission to the show dairy “La Maison du Gruyère”
– Free admission to the chocolate factory of Nestlé Cailler in Broc
Important information: In 2020, the Chocolate Train is not running.
The Chocolate train operates as follows:
Chocolate train rides from July to October.
May – June: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
July – August: daily
September – October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Train Seat Reservation is Mandatory, and can be done additionally.
- Any services which are not mentioned in train tour inclusions, are excluded.