Bernina Express 02Places Covered : St. Moritz – Bernina Express – Lugano
DAY 1 – Arrival in St. Moritz
Arrival in St. Moritz by train. Time at leisure. St. Moritz is a symbol of style, class and elegance, fascinating charm and beautiful nature. Opportunity for an excursion to the Diavolezza. The Diavolezza cable car brings you even closer to Piz Bernina, the highest mountain in the Eastern Alps, and a fascinating glacier world awaits you.
Overnight in St. Moritz.
DAY 2 – Bernina Express St. Moritz – Lugano (8h30)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you travel with the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy an Alpine switchback ride, taking you from the high, towering glaciers of the mountains down to the swaying palms of Italy. The Bernina Express is the highest railway line across the Alps, linking Northern and Southern Europe in the most spectacular way! The Bernina Express train takes you to Tirano where you will have time for an optional lunchbreak. Then board the Bernina Express coach to Lugano in the beautiful Ticino.
Overnight in Lugano.
DAY 3 – Lugano and return journey
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in Lugano. A charming paradise on the shores of Lago di Lugano. Palm trees, a romantic lakeside promenade and a beautiful old town. A stay in the beautiful Ticino is pure relaxation. Paul Klee, Franz Kafka, Hermann Hesse and even Giacomo Casanova was attracted to the lovely town. Just as we recommend an excursion to Monte Generoso.
Individual return journey.
Tour Price Includes
- Swiss Travel Pass Flex 3 days 2nd class
- Seat reservation in the Bernina Express (train + coach)
- 1 night in St. Moritz, 3* hotel, standard double room with breakfast
- 1 night in Lugano, 3* hotel, standard double room with breakfast
- 50% discount on most mountain railways, free entry at more than 500 museums (only valid on a selected travel day)
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.