GoldenPass ExpressPlaces Covered : Lucerne - Interlaken - GoldenPass Express – Montreux
DAY 1 – Arrival in Lucerne
Train journey to Lucerne. After a relaxed arrival, you will immediately be enthralled by this charming city, as you are right in the middle of the action after just a few metres. Lucerne offers an impressive combination of water, mountains and city. It is located on one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, Lake Lucerne. The city’s landmarks are the 14th century Chapel Bridge and the Water Tower.
Overnight in Lucerne.
DAY 2 – GoldenPass Line Lucerne – Montreux (5h15)
Breakfast at the hotel. While the beautiful scenery of the Brünig Pass passes you by your window, you travel in comfort with the Central Railway to Interlaken. Interlaken is the gateway to the three mighty mountains Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and is embedded between Lake Thun and the shimmering turquoise blue Lake Brienz. Enjoy the beautiful view of the mountain panorama of the Bernese Oberland. Then continue with the GoldenPass Express to Montreux. The journey takes you through the Bernese Oberland along Lake Thun, past Zweisimmen to the breathtaking vineyard terraces of Lavaux, which nestle along the shores of Lake Geneva. When you stroll along the lake after arriving in Montreux, you will pass the statue of the legendary Freddy Mercury. He too appreciated the tranquility of the place and wrote some of his songs in Montreux.
Overnight in Montreux.
DAY 3 – Montreux and return journey
Breakfast at the hotel. Time at leisure in Montreux.
Individual return journey.
Tour Price Includes
- Swiss Travel Pass Flex 3 days 2nd class
- Seat reservation in the Luzern-Interlaken Express and GoldenPass Express
- 1 night in Lucerne, 3* hotel, standard double room with breakfast
- 1 night in Montreux, 3* hotel, standard double room with breakfast
- Travel Kit with Swiss Map, detailed day/time wise itinerary, all necessary documents and complete information.
- Any optional excursions to travel by train, boat, postal-bus or cable cars can be added at 25–50% reduced rates.
Tour Price Excludes
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Local City tax or Resort fee are to be paid directly at hotel/resort if applicable.