EUROPEAN EAST PASS
· Available for 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 travel days within 1 month.
· Take as many trains as you want on each travel day.
· If you're under 28, you can buy our discounted Youth Pass.
The European East Pass combines travel in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Slovakia. Enjoy the unique character and history of each region at your own pace, by train, and in first or second class.
A day of rail travel is a 24 hour period from midnight to midnight. This allows for unlimited travel on any number of trains for each day. Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
Eurail Aid Offices
Praha hlavní nádraží (Prague main Station)
International booking offices (signed by a dark blue colour)
Daily: 03:30am - 00:35am
ÖBB Intercitybus (1st and 2nd class) free transportation; www.oebb.at Graz-Klagenfurt: reservation recommended Klagenfurt/Villach-Venezia Mestre & Venezia Tronchetto (included if your pass is valid in both Austria and Italy; reservation and supplements are required)
Blue Danube Schiffahrt 20% discount; www.ddsg-blue-danube.at
Sightseeing boat trips in Vienna and Wachau
BSB, SBS and ÖBB 50% discount; www.bsb-online.com Boat crossings on Lake Constance (Bodensee) from May to October Donauschiffahrt Wurm+Köck 7.5% discount on river Danube sailings;.
A&O Hotels 10% discount for rail pass holders on the daily rate for advance bookings only. Located in Praha. Book online via www.aohostels.com/railpass/ or via +49 30 80 947 5110 (mention the discount code Rail Pass). At check-in the valid pass has to be presented
Prague: from the airport there are connections to the main station Praha Hlavni Nadrazi, by Airport Express Bus AE. Eurail Passes are not valid on this bus. Purchase tickets from the driver
Eurail Pass valid in Hungary is valid with the national railway company MÁV-START and is also valid on the railway lines operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn
Eurail Aid Offices
16 József Attila Street, Budapest 1051 (V. district), Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Keleti Railway Station:
Next to platform 9. The Aid Office is open every day, from 6:00 to 21:30 hours.
Hungarian Heritage Railway Park 50% discount on the entrance fee for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park (seasonal opening hours). The Park can be reached from Budapest Nyugati Railway Station with Desiro trains running towards Esztergom. (Eurail Passes accepted). Address: Tatai út 95, 1142 Budapest, phone +36 1450 1497, email@example.com
1st class Eurail Pass holders with 1st class reservation, or Railjet Business Class seat reservation, or with single/ double sleeping car supplement are entitled on the day of travel to the services of the Business Lounge of MÁV-START, located at Budapest Keleti Railway Station
Budapest: from Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport there are direct connections from Terminal 1 to Budapest Nyugati (train every 15 minutes) and other destinations.
A Eurail Pass valid in Slovakia is valid with the national railway company ZSSK.
The European East Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary.
All four countries have a rich cultural and historical background. Discover Slovakia, the gateway to Eastern Europe and UNESCO World Heritage sites in the Czech Republic and Austria. Have a relaxing moment in one of the excellent thermal baths in Hungary.
The European East Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price. Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The European East Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the European East Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Danube river trips
with DDSG Blue Danube: scheduled trips Melk – Krems, Vienna- Dürnstein- Vienna
(on sunday only), Sight seeing trips by boat in Vienna: 20% reduction.
General informations see www.ddsg-blue-danube.at
Danube river trips
by Wurm & Köck (Linz to Passau): special rates
General informations see www.wurm-koeck.de
Free entrance to
the ÖBB- lounges in Wien Südbf, Wien Westbf and Saluburg Hbf for 1st class
European Eastpass holders.
General informations see www.oebb.at
Worlds, Wattens, Tirol: special rates
General information see www.kristallwelten.com
Children’s Railway in Budapest: special local price. More informations at www.gyermekvasut.com
Double chair-lift in Jánoshegy(Libego): 10% reduction. For more informations, Tel/fax: 00 36 1 3943764
MÁV Nostalgic Ltd. (www.mavnosztalgia.hu)
Scenic Railway Danube bend (Budapest-Nagymaros-Visegrád): 50% of supplement.
Scenic Railway Budapest-Esztergom: 50% of supplement.
Every Saturday, alternated with each other.
Scenic Railway Keszthely-Badacsonytomaj (Lake Balaton seasonal)… 50% of supplement.
Hungarian Railway Heritage Park by motor train from Station Nyugati -50% of entrance-fee (included the motor train ticket) ( Seasonal opening hours).
General conditions for everyone
· To start using the pass it must be validated at a European train station before your first journey.
· Each further day of travel must be entered on your pass before you board the train.
· Unlimited travel on the national rail networks of Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary
· Travel on Leo Express and RegioJet (privately-owned companies) is not included with the European East Pass.
· The European East Pass is valid on all non-stop trains on the German leg of the section between Kufstein and Salzburg if the traveller does not change trains or leave the train.
Additional conditions for Adults with Children
· Children under 4 travel for free and do not need a Eurail Pass. You may be asked to sit a child under 4 on your lap during busy times.
· Children aged 4 to 11 travel for free with a Child Pass. A child must be accompanied at all times by at least one person with an Adult Pass or Adult Saver Pass. This doesn’t have to be a family member and can be anyone over 18.
· Up to 2 children can travel with 1 adult. For example, when 2 adults are traveling, they can take 4 children with them. If more than 2 children are traveling with 1 adult, a separate 1st class Youth Pass must be purchased for each additional child.
· Travelers aged 12 to 27 can travel with a 1st class Youth Pass.